500 gm dates,remove seeds and chopped
1 cup boiling water
1 tsp baking soda
250 gm superfine flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
250 gm butter
200 gm caster sugar
250 gm cashewnuts
1/2 tsp rose essence
1/2 tsp almond essence
1. Mix the date with baking soda and boiling water and keep for 4 hours.
2. Sift the flour,salt dan baking powder together 3 times.
3. Chopped 150 gm of the cashewnuts. And the rest for arranging on the cake
4. Grease side and line the bottom of a 20cm square cake tin.
5. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in one egg at a time beating each addition well.
6. Add flour and mix in a low speed. Fold in the cashewnuts and date mixer slowly to the batter.
7. Add in the rose and almond essence mix well. Pour into the prepared tin and and arrange the remain cashewnuts on the top. bake in a preheated oven 160c for 45 minutes or until cook. Then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.