SPICY CHICKEN BIRYANI
1/2 kg chicken,cut into medium size pieces mix with a little salt and turmeric and keep aside for 30 mints
350 gm basmathi rice ( the long variety),soaked for 30 mint.
3 cups water or chicken stock
½ cup yoghurt
150 gm tomato,chopped
¼ kg big onion,finely sliced
6 green chilies,sliced into 2 ( reduce if you don’t like it very hot)
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp chilie powder
½ tbsp. lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 chicken stock cube,if you like
A hand full pudina and coriander leafs
2 bay leafs*
3 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp oil
1 star anise
3 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 small cinnamon stick
1 bay leafs
1. Dry roast the biryani masala ingredients till fragrant. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Then grind it into powder.
2. Heat the ghee and oil add in the* ingredients and fry then add in the sliced onion and sauté till it became light brown. Add in the green chilies,ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappear.
3. Lower the heat and add in the turmeric powder,chilie powder and the grind masala powder mix well and pour in the chopped tomato and cook till the tomato became soft and the oil rise.
4. Add in pudina and coriander leafs mix well and add in the yoghurt and lemon juice mix well and let it cook a bit then add in the chicken pieces mix well cook till the chicken turn white.
5. Add in the water and mix well. Taste and add salt and the chicken cube if you are adding. Add the drain basmathi rice and mix well pour this into a rice cooker and cook till it is cook. Serve with any raita you like.