STEAM CARROT CAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
130 gm super fine flour*
1 tsp baking powder*
½ tsp baking soda*
1 tsp cinnamon powder*
¼ tsp salt*
1 tbsp milk powder*
*Mix all the ingredients and sieve
60 gm walnut, coarsely chopped
170 gm carrot, finely grated
150 gm caster sugar
½ cup canola oil or corn oil
1 tsp vanilla essences
15cm deep round cake tin line with a plastic paper.
1. In a bowl beat the eggs till mix. Then add in the sugar little by little and beat till it becomes pale in colour.
2. Pour the oil little by little and beat till well mix. Add in the vanilla essences.
3. Add in the flour little by little and beat till well mix. Then fold in the chopped walnut and carrot with a rubber spatula till well mix.
4. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and cover with a piece of aluminum foil and steam for 1 hour or till the cake is cooked.
5. Remove the cake from the tin and cool. Sliced the cake into 3 pieces and spread with the frosting in each layer and gently place on top of the cakes.
6. Spread the rest of the frosting on the top and garnish as you like.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
125 gm cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
25 gm butter
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
Jest of 1 lemon, finely grated