CABBAGE KOFTA CURRY
500 gm cabbage,very finely sliced
40-50 gm besan flour,
1 green chilie,finely sliced
1 small onion,finely sliced
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
Salt to taste
A little water if needed
1. Mix all the above ingredients and mix to made a soft dough. Add in more of besan flour if needed.
2. Now divide the dough into small equal size balls. Deep fry them in oil till they turn into golden brown remove from the oil and drain them. Keep aside.
For the curry:
2 medium size onions,finely chopped
2 tomatos,finely chopped
1 tbsp. ginger paste
1 tbsp. garlic paste
11/2 tbsp. besan flour
1 tsp chilie powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup thick yogurt
1 cup water
1 tsp mustard seeds
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt and a bit of sugar to taste.
1. Heat the oil and add in the mustard seeds,when they start to crackle add in the chopped onions and sauté till it becames light brown.
2. Add in the chopped tomato cooked till it becames juicy. Add in the paste and cook till the raw smell disappears.
3. Now add in the chilie,coriander,turmeric powder mix well. Add in the besan flour and mix well. Add in yogurt and water. Mix well and let it cook on a low heat for 20 mins or until the gravy becomes slightly thicker.
4. Add in the salt and sugar mix well. Finally add in the koftas and mix well. Remove from the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves.