500 gm fish(mackerel) cut into pieces and rub with a little salt and turmeric powder keep aside
2 large onion,finely sliced
1 large tomato,chopped
4 green chilie,sliced
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup yoghurt
25 gm chopped mint leafs
25 gm chopped coriander leafs
2 tsp chilie powder
11/2 tbsp coriander powder
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp biryani powder
1 ikan bilis cube, i did't use
1 tsp lime juice
¼ cup butter
Salt to taste
50 gm cashewnut,fry in butter for garnishing
50 gm raisin,fry in butter for garnishing
For the rice:
300 gm moghul basmathi rice,soaked for 30 mins then drain
3 cup hot water mix with ½ ikan bilis stock and let it cool.
½ cup evaporated milk or thick coconut milk
4 small onion,finely sliced
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
3 tbsp butter
2 cinnamon stick*
2 star anise *
1 bay leave
Some chopped mints and coriander leafs
A little yellow colour mix with ¼ cup water
To cook the fish:
1. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the fish till cook. Remove and keep aside.
2. In the same butter (add in a bit more if you like) add in the onions,green chilies and sauté till the onion turn light brown add in the garlic ginger paste and fry till the raw smell disappear.
3. Add in the powder spices and a bit of water mix well add in the chopped tomato and ikan bilis cubes and mix well and fry.
4. Cook till the tomato is well and mash. Add in the mints and coriander leafs and mix well. Add in the yogurt mix well and let it cook.taste and add salt.
5. Add in the fried fish and slowly mix it with the gravy. Keep aside.
To prepre the rice:
1. Heat the butter and add in the *spices and fry add in the onions and fry till light brown. Add in the garlic ginger paste and mix well fry till the raw smell disappear.
2. Add in the rice and mix well pour in the water and milk mix well . taste and add in salt and add in the chopped leafs. Pour this into a rice cooker and cook till done. Haft way pour in the yellow colour water one side of the rice.
3. Layer the cooked rice and the fish layer by layer in a pot add in the cashewnuts and raisin as well. Cover the pot and keep aside for 1 hour before serving it with raita.