SWEET AND SOUR BRINJAL
500 gm brinjal,cut into medium size pieces mix with a little salt and turmeric and fry till golden brown and keep aside
100 gm tamarind,I use the one with seeds, squeeze in one cup of water and strain.
2 cup water
4 tbsp chilie powder
2 tsp garam masala powder
Salt and sugar to taste
100 gm onion,finely sliced
2 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp ulutham paruppu
3 stalk curry leafs
4-5 tbsp oil
1. Heat the oil and add in the mustard seeds and ulutham paruppu mix well add in the onion and let it fry till light brown.
2. Add in the paste and fry till the raw smell disappear.
3. Add in the curry leafs and mix well add in the chilie powder and garam masala powder and add in a little water and it fry till the oil rise.
4. Add in water and tamarind juice mix well and let it simmer. When it is a bit thick add in the salt and sugar to taste.
5. When the oil rise add in the fried brinjal and mix well cook for a minute. Then remove from the heat. Serve with rice.