SWEET KETUPAT DAUN PALAS
500 gm glutinous rice,soaked over night
75 gm black eye beans,soaked overnight
500 ml thick coconut milk
3 tbsp sugar,you can add in more if you like it very sweet. I blend the sugar into powder and add.
2 tsp salt
1 pandan leaves
Some palas leaves
1. Boil the black eye beans with a little salt until cook. Sieve it and keep aside.
2. Heat a steamer with water and bring it to boil. Wash the glutinous rice and put in a tray and steam it for about 15 mints.
3. Remove from the steamer and stir well add in the black beans. Mix the salt and the sugar to the coconut milk. Mix well. Pour the coconut milk into the rice and mix well. Steam again until the rice is 1/2 cook. Remove from the steamer and mix well and let it cool.
4. Now made the parcel..please see the video..below to see how to wrap the ketupat. Make until all the rice is finish..You can steam or boil the ketupat to cooked it. I steam until it is cook. About 30 mints.
5. Add in some oil in a wok and heat it up. Put in the ketupats and fry until fragrant make sure not to burn them.