SPICY PRAWN BIRYANI
1 kg big prawns,clean and remove the skin, mix with a little salt and turmeric and keep aside for 30 mints. Boil the head and skin with 31/2 cup water and strain it and keep 3 cup of the stock a side.
350 gm basmathi rice ( the long variety),soaked for 30 mint.
½ cup yoghurt
150 gm tomato,chopped
¼ kg big onion,finely sliced
6 green chilies,sliced into 2 ( reduce if you don’t like it very hot)
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp chilie powder
½ tbsp. lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 chicken stock cube,if you like
A hand full pudina and coriander leafs
2 bay leafs*
3 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp oil
1 star anise
3 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 small cinnamon stick
1 bay leafs
1. Dry roast the biryani masala ingredients till fragrant. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Then grind it into powder.
2. Heat the ghee and oil add in the* ingredients and fry then add in the sliced onion and sauté till it became light brown. Add in the green chilies,ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappear.
3. Lower the heat and add in the turmeric powder,chilie powder and the grind masala powder mix well and pour in the chopped tomato and cook till the tomato became soft and the oil rise.
4. Add in pudina and coriander leafs mix well and add in the yoghurt and lemon juice mix well and let it cook a bit then add in the prawns mix well cook till the prawn turn white and cooked remove the prawns and keep aside( if you cooked the prawns with the rice the prawn meat will taste like rubber)
5. Add in the prawn stock and mix well. Taste and add salt and the chicken cube if you are adding. Add the drain basmathi rice and mix well pour this into a rice cooker and cook till it is cook. put the prawn on the rice and . Serve with any raita you like.