SEMOLINA FRUIT CAKE
700 gm mix fruit,chopped
½ cup brandy/beer/stout/rum ( Muslims can replace with tea )
250 gm butter
250 gm soft brown sugar
60 gm butter
250 gm semolina
100 gm flour
1 tsp mix spices
½ tsp almond essence
½ tsp rose essence
½ cup cashewnuts
1. Mix the chopped fruit with the brandy/beer/stout or plain tea and leave it aside for about 2 hours.
2. Roast the semolina with 60 gm butter till light brown. Remove and keep it a side to cool.
3. Line a 8x8 square tin with 2 or 3 layer of baking paper and keep a side.
4. Sieve the flour with the mix spice and keep aside. Mix with the roasted semolina.
5. Beat the butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in the egg one at a time beating well after each addition.
6. Now add in the flour and the mix fruit alternately and mix with a spoon till well combined add in the essence and the cashew nuts mix well and pour into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven at 170c for one hour or till cook( depends on the type of oven you use).
7. Let the cake cool in the tin for a while then remove the paper and brush the cake top with brandy or rum ( if you are using brandy or rum only ) let it completely cool before you pack it with aluminum fold and keep it in the fridge overnight (it taste better if you keep it longer) before cutting.