For the filling
120gm kadalai parupu,soaked for 6 hours
3 cups water,more or less
100gm grated coconut,dry roasted
100gm brown sugar or to taste. melt with a little water and sieve.
6-7 cardamons,remove the skin and ground the seeds
1 tsp ghee
1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Boil the kadalai parupu until soft and dry.Add all the rest of the things.
2. Add a little water and stir cooked till moist. Remove and cool
3. Shape into small marble sized keep a side
For the skin
250gm rice flour,roasted
1/3 tsp salt
2 cup boiling water
1 tbsp ghee
1. Mix the flour,salt,and ghee together add the hot water little by little and stir to form a soft,pliable dough.
2. Grease the palms with some oil . Place a ball of the dough and flatten it on the palm. Put a ball of the filling in the centre. Gather the dough up to form a dumpling. Smooth out any cracks in the dough.
3. Place on a steam rack and steam for about 15-20 mints.
Note: You can also make the it like the curry puff.