300gm glutinous rice,washed and soaked overnight
200 ml thin coconut milk
1 tsp salt
1 pandan leaf,tied into a knot
1. To make the rice layer, place in a shallow square cake tin 20cm in a steamer. Mix the coconut milk and salt together and add this to the rice. Bury the pandan leaf in the rice and steam over rapidly boiling water until rice is cooked 30 mint.
2. Remove pandan leaves and fluff rice up with a fork. then using a bahanan leaf press the rice down to form an even compact layer. Steam for another 15 mint.
3 medium eggs
200 ml thick coconut milk
180 gm sugar
100 ml pandan juice
4 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp + 1 tsp flour
1. To make the custard layer in a mixing bowl,combine the eggs,coconut milk and sugar,strring with a spoon . Add in the pandan juice,corn flour and flour. Stir well until smooth and free from lumps.
2. Strain mixture into a metal bowl and sit this bowl over a a pan of gently simmering water. Stir continuously until custard just begins to thicken do not overcook. Pour this over the rice layer. Steam over very gentle heat until set about 25 mint.Avoid opening the steamer as this will only allow heat to escape and lengthen the cooking time.
3. Allow the serimuka to cool completely before cutting.