KUAH KACANG ( PEANUT CURRY )
1 cup toasted peanut nuts,coarsely ground.
500 ml coconut milk
2-3 tbsp sugar
2- 1 pieces tamarind peel (asam gelugor)
4-5 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Grind to a paste:
2 stalk serai
20 dry chili,remove seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds or powder
2 tsp fennel seeds, or powder
1. Heat the oil and add in the paste and fry until the oil rise.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Let it simmer over a low heat until oil rise.
2-3 ikan kembung,grill or steam remove bones and scrabble finely
200 gm freshly grated coconut,roasted
until light brown
Salt and sugar to taste
1 tsp black pepper
2 stalk serai,sliced finely
1. Pound A until very fine,add in coconut and pound again. Add to the fish.Sprinkle a little water to make it moist add in the salt and sugar.
2. Heat a pan and stir fry ( without oil) until it became hot and dry (it must be a little moist). Serve with the nasi kapit and peanut curry.
750ml water,more less
1 tsp salt
1. Cook rice in a cooker until very soft (if you need to add water add) stir it up and mash it.
2. Line tray with banana leaves. Pour in the mash rice and level it. Keep the rice over night. Cut into cubes and serve with the curry and sambal ikan.