EGGLESS PANDAN LAYER CAKE
For the cake:
120 gm superfine flour
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp double action baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
200 gm condensed milk
1/2 cup pandan juice
60 gm melted butter or corn oil
A little green food colouring,if you like
20cm baking pan
1. Grease and line the bottom of the baking pan. Heat oven.
2. Mix flour,baking powder,baking soda together and sieve.
3. In a bowl beat condensed milk,milk powder and butter until well mix.
4. Beat in the flour alternately with the pandan juice in 3 additions. Mix well.
5. Pour in the prepared tin and bake for 30 mints ( depends on the oven) or until done in a pre-heated oven at 160c .
6. Remove from the tin and cool on a rack. You need to made 2 of this cake.
For the kaya:
180 gm sugar
1 tbsp jelly powder
500 ml pandan juice
400 ml coconut milk
85 gm cornflour
1 tsp green food colouring
A pinch of salt
20cm springform tin
1.Combine all the kaya ingredients in a pan and cook over a gentle low heat until. Stirring continuously until the kaya become thick and comes to a boil. Remove from the heat.
2. Pour in some of the kaya into the springform tin and place one of the cake on it. Then pour some more to cover the cake. Put the other piece of the cake and pour all the remaining kaya.It should be in a neat layer ( Mine was not very neat).
3. Leave it to set. Remove from the tin and sprinkle with desiccated coconut on the side and decorate with whipped cream. Chill the cake before slicing.
Note: To made the pandan juice . Finely sliced 10 pandan leaves and blend with some water then strain it. Mix with some water.