150 gm very ripe banana,peeled and
2 tsp lime or lemon juice
150 gm castor sugar
150 gm self-raising flour
3 medium eggs,beaten
A pinch of soda bicarbonate
1. Line base of a 18cm round cake tin with grease proof paper. Preheat oven to 170c
2. In a bowl mash the banana with a fork and stir in the lime juice. Set a side
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Pour the egg in a little at a time beating well in between additions.
4. Using a metal spoon fold in haft the flour and soda without over-stirring or beating the mixture. Fold in the mashed banana until well incorporated and then finally the rest of the flour.
5. Turn the mixture out into the prepared tin. Hollowing out the middle slightly to prevent it rising to a dome in the middle. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 mints or until cake is well risen and golden brown.
6. Allow cake to cool in the tin for 10 mints before running a knife around the edge and turning it out to cool on a wire tray.