220 gm rice flour,sifted
60 gm plain flour
1 cup sugar,you reduce to your taste,grind into powder.
500 ml coconut milk
1 large egg
A pinch of salt.
1. Sieve the rice flour and plain together with a little salt.
2. Beat the egg well.
3. Mix the flour, sugar, egg and slowly add thick coconut milk to make a smooth batter of pouring consistency
4. The batter should be mixed well without any lumps, add 1-2 tbsp of water if it is too thick.
5. Heat the oil and let the achu rest in the oil for a couple of minutes.
6. Take the mould from the oil and dip it into the prepared batter. Ensure that only 3/4th of the mould is dipped into it.
7. Allow the batter to coat the mould
8. Now slowly immerse the mould into the hot oil. The batter will slowly slide off the mould. If it does not, loosen it slightly with a fork.
9. Deep fry until golden brown.
EGGLESS ACHU MURUKU
110 gm rice flour
40 gm plain flour
65 gm sugar,grind to powder
1 cup coconut milk
A pinch of salt
Method same as above