125 gm kadalai paruppu or skinless green beans,if you are using kadalai paruppu soaked for 4-5 hours then boil till soft with a little water. If you are using green beans dry roast till light brown then boil till very soft.
100 gm sugar,or to taste
80 gm grated coconut
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp ghee
Mix all the ingredients in a pan and mix and cook over a low heat till it becames a paste. Let it cool then made into small balls.
For the skin
300 gm plain flour
2 tbsp ghee,more or less
Yellow food colour if you like
1. Put the flour,salt and ghee in a bowl and rub with your finger.
2. Add water little by little till you get a soft and very pliable dough.
3. Cover with a wet cloth and keep a for 1 hour.
4. Heat a griddle. Roll out a ball of dough put the fillings on it and bring the edges of the pastry to the center to enclose the fillings.
5. Gently press the top and roll out to form a flat chapatti like pastry. Brush with ghee put on the hot griddle and fry both sides. Serve hot with tea or coffee.