About Me

My photo
I was born and brought up in Kota Bahru,Kel,Malaysia From a very young age I was very interested in cooking. My sisters were all married by the time I was ten it fell on me to help my mother to do the household chores. Slowly I started cooking. After doing our household chores I go and help our neighbour Mok Wan who happened to be a kuih seller, helping her with the task of grinding rice, beating eggs, peeling onions and packing the kuihs usually fell on me for just 20 cents. Mok Wan was very good in making all those traditional Kelantanese kuih whicn are known for their variety and distinct taste. It was she who give me the best lessons in Malay culinary arts. It have been years since she passed away but her art of making kuih is still with me. It was my mother who gave me the lessons in Indian culinary arts, I helped her cook, learning all the time without realising it. Every time when I cook for my friends, the first thing they ask me is "Did you learn cooking?" Far from protesting vehemently that I was self-taught, I must admit I that I gained my knowledge of cooking partly from my family, partly from helping people who are masters of their arts and partly from cookery books.

About the cuisine

Our food is a delicious blend of flavours coming from the Malays,Chinese,India and indigenous communities living in Malaysia

Sunday, April 28, 2013

LAYER PRUNE CAKE



PRUNE LAYER CAKE

225 gm butter

70 gm Castor sugar

15 eggs yolks

225 gm condensed milk

120 gm cake flour,sift

1 tbsp vanilla

Prunes,cut into half and press to flatten

1 16cm square tin grease and line bottom


1. Preheat oven on grill setting 200c.

2. Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, add in egg one by one and beating well after each addition.

3. Add in the condensed milk and beat,add in the flour beat slowly add in the vanilla.

4. Put in the empty cake tin  in oven and let heat up. Take out the tin and spread about 3 tbsp of the batter in tin.Now change the oven to top grill and grill the cake until light brown.

5. Remove the cake and arrange the prunes on the cake and spread another layer of the batter grill till light brown. Do this until all the batter is finish.

6. For the last layer use top and bottom grill. Grill to bake for 15 to 20 mint in low heat. Remove cake and let it cool before cutting.











 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment