1 kg chicken, remove skin and fats cut into bite-sized pieces
500 gm potatoes,peeled and quartered
1.5 liters water
8 cloves garlic,pounded
5 cm ginger,peeled and thinly sliced
3 tbsp tau cheong
21/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp thick soy sauce, (I add a bit more)
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. Add tau cheong and fry over medium heat until oil rise.
3. Add chicken and stir fry for 3 minus.
4. Stir in water and bring to a boil.
5. Add in the potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are soft and chicken is tender.
6. Season with light soy sauce and thick soy sauce and salt. Serve hot with rice.