MOIST CHOCOLATE WALNUT CAKE
90 gm butter
180 gm caster sugar
90 gm egg ( break 2 eggs and lightly beat then weight )
1/2 tsp vanilla
60 gm walnut,ground
1/2 cup water
120 gm superfine flour
40 gm coco powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 20cm round cake tin greased and line the bottom
1. Preheat oven to 160c. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well mix.
2. Fold in the sifted flour little by little alternately with the water with a spoon. Mix in the vanilla and walnut.
3. Pour into the prepared tin and bake until done. Remove and cool the cake.
Note: you have to make 3 of this cake
Chocolate buttercream icing
100 gm cooking chocolate
200 gm butter
400 gm icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Milk, to loosen
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the surface of the hot water. Allow to cool until the chocolate no longer feel hot to touch.
2. Beat the butter in a bowl until soft,then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
3. Fold in the melted chocolate until completely incorporated, add in a few drops of the milk if the mixture is a little stiff.
4. Place one of the cake and spread some of this cream and place another piece of the cake do until all are place. Then add the cream around the cake. Decorated with some whole walnut.
Note: This icing can be kept in the fridge for a few days. Bring to room temperature and beat again until smooth before icing your cake.