KUIH BAKAR BERLAUK KJEE
In the original recipe beef was use. Since I don't take beef I replace it with chicken. Thank you very much to kjee for this lovely recipe.If you don have the Kuih bakar pan you can use a cake tin.
For the topping:
250 gm minced chicken
1 tbsp. meat curry powder
1/2 tsp cili powder,more if you like it hot
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 big onion,finely sliced
1 stalk kari leaves,finely sliced
2-3 tbsp. oil
1. Heat the oil and add in the onion and fry until light brown add in the paste and fry until the raw smell disappear. Add in the garam masala,curry powder and cili powder mix well and add in a little water and cook until the oil rise.
2. Add in the meat and curry leaves and fry until the chicken is cooked and dry. Add in a little water if needed.Make sure it is dry. Keep aside
For the batter:
3 cup plain flour
3 cup coconut milk or milk
3 cup water
5 large eggs
Salt and a little sugar to taste. Don't add much sugar and salt.
Yellow food colouring
1. Beat eggs and add in the water and milk mix well. Add in the flour,salt,sugar and food colouring mix well. Sieve into another bowl. Heat the oven to 160c. Greased the kuih bakar pan.
2. Now divide the chicken fillings into 3 portions. Put the pan on a stove and heat it up over a low heat add a little ghee,pour the batter into the pan but not full just wait a mint then add in the meat filling(1 portion) on the batter . When bottom is cooked a bit remove the pan and put inside the oven.
3. And bake for 15-20 mints. remove from the oven and remove from the pan. Garnish with chopped spring onions and sliced red cili.